Quality Carpets Direct Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of anyone using www.qualitycarpetsdirect.com (“our site”).
“you” or “your” means the person, firm, company or organisation browsing or using our site, whether as a guest or a registered user.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Quality Carpets Direct Limited of 2/4 Castell Street, Caerphilly, CF83 1NU.
Information we may collect from you
We do not store your credit card details.
We may collect personal data from you such as your name, address, contact details (email and telephone number) and in respect of any responses to questions or assessments we carry out or information you volunteer to us. We may also collect sensitive personal information, where reasonably required, to ensure we comply with our legal requirements.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing goods, posting information or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- In the course of supplying our goods to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To supply our goods and any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as disclosing your personal data to third parties.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our goods or services.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your personal data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but, in such circumstances, we do not disclose information which can identify you, such as your name.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email@example.com].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention and access to information
We are required by law to retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.